Poughkeepsie, New York
Valhalla, New York
Fishkill, New York
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2113635
Academic Research Sr. Financial Analyst
Job Summary :
The Department of Health Policy administrative team has an opening for a dynamic and experienced Sr. Financial Analyst. As the Sr. Financial Analyst, you independently develop, analyze, and conduct complex financial analyses to assess the viability of strategic and financial plans and programs. This position also performs post-award financial responsibilities; monitors, plans, develops and coordinates financial analyses and reports; and conducts special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate has excellent accounting skills, is able to decipher financial situations with ease, has experience managing a variety of funding mechanisms including multiple complex grants, demonstrates extraordinary attention to detail, has strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills, can successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines in a helpful and courteous manner, is extremely organized and efficient, and works well both independently and as a team player.
Department Summary :
Vanderbilt University's new Department of Health Policy brings together a broad group of health policy scholars devoted to developing health policy solutions that can have a profound impact. The Department builds on a history of strong collaborative relationships with the Tennessee Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and several frontline policy makers to develop health policy solutions for our nation's most pressing health care challenges.
The combination of a major research university and preeminent medical center gives Department faculty incredible opportunities to build relationships with frontline care providers and policymakers which can lead to breakthrough discoveries. The Department fosters a deep belief that research and innovative thinking should guide health policy relationships and help policymakers understand implications. For more information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/health-policy/.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: