Brewster, New York
West Ashley, SC
Raleigh, North Carolina
Goose Creek, SC
Mt. Pleasant, SC
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
St. Clair Shores, MI
Myrtle Beach, SC
Location: Brewster, New York
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: GENER004624
CareMount Medical, P.C. is the largest independent multispecialty medical group in New York State, providing comprehensive medical care of the highest quality to over 640,000 patients in more than 45 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties and New York City. Founded in 1946 as Mount Kisco Medical Group, CareMount has grown to over 600 physicians and advanced practice professionals representing more than 40 different medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class organizations including Massachusetts General Hospital, Mount Sinai Health System, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. CareMount offers on-site laboratory and radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. Our physicians are frequently recognized as best doctors in respected publications and have been featured in lists including New York Magazine's "Best Doctors," Westchester and Hudson Valley Magazine's "Top Doctors" as well as in Castle Connolly Medical's "Top Doctors." For additional information about CareMount Medical and its specialties, please visit: www.caremountmedical.com.
The group has always maintained a firm commitment to each of our patients...to provide high quality medical and surgical care in a warm, friendly setting, and in a caring manner. Each and every member of our professional and support staff is dedicated to this ideal - physicians, nurses, technicians and support personnel.
Under general supervision, provides independent acute and/or routine medical care to a specified population. Provides consultation and advice to others as a highly-specialized practitioner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Obtains detailed history and develops patient care charts; performs physical examinations and evaluations on assigned patients; assesses and treats medical problems and provides direct patient care to a specified patient population.
* Assists in providing pre-op and post-op care; writes appropriate orders, including those for narcotics, stimulants, and depressant drugs.
* Notifies attending physician on call, house physician on call, or supervising physician regarding any unusual or unexpected events or problems requiring direct physician consultation.
* Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
* Supervises and/or coordinates the activities of patient care and support staff within the clinic.
* Writes progress notes on patients' charts indicating patient status and treatment procedures performed; maintains other records as required.
* Provides health education to patients, families and/or community health practitioners and groups; may train and supervise medical residents engaged in specific clinical activities.
* Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
* May perform clinical research related to specific operations.
* Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
* Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications, dosing, side effects, and proper administration.
* Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
* Ability to perform medical examinations using standard medical procedures.
* Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
* Ability to clearly communicate medical information to professional practitioners and/or the general public.
* Ability to educate patients and/or families as to the nature of disease and to provide instruction on proper care and treatment.
* Knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues, and approaches in area of expertise.
* Knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories.
* Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
* Knowledge of OR, pre-op and/or post-op procedures.
* Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
* Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions.
* Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records.
* Knowledge of primary care principles and practices.
* Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
* Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
Qualifications and Education:
* Master's degree in nursing with advanced skills in physical assessment OR Possession of a Bachelor's degree, together with a certificate from completing an American Medical Association approved physician assistant program. Licensed to practice in NYS.
* Licensing: Registered Nurse with current unrestricted license to practice and use the title of Nurse
Practitioner/Advanced Practice Nurse in NYS or PA
* Possession of state and federal Controlled Substance Registration
* Training and experience: Unless otherwise indicated, one year of current experience within the last three years in a comparable job classification required.
* Possess current advanced certifications as required by clinical practice area/client:(i.e. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life Support (PALS Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP
* Maintenance of current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for HealthCare Workers or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for HealthCare workers.
* Certification by American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) OR certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
* Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality of client information.
* Complies with Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
* Able to wear personal protective equipment (e.g., face mask, goggles, latex/non-latex gloves) as needed.
* Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members.
* Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
* Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
* Ability to understand medical/surgical terminology.
* Health Requirements-- In good health and able to work without restrictions as evidenced by Health Statement.
* Compliance with Supplemental Health Care's pre-assignment and medical requirements including: current TB screen, or Chest X-ray and questionnaire if proof of positive TB screen; Measles/Mumps/Rubella immunizations or titers indicating immunity; Hepatitis B Information or Waiver; and any additional state or facility medical requirements.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. CareMount will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability