Raleigh, North Carolina
Orange City, Florida
Capital District, New York
Los Angeles, California
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2115115
Provides veterinary technical services to promote and maintain health of research animals, with occasional guidance. Demonstrates knowledge of compliance with existing regulations. Assists with training of personnel.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: COMMUNICATION (INTERMEDIATE): Clearly, effectively and respectfully communicates to employees or customers. CUSTOMER SERVICE (INTERMEDIATE): A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs. SPECIMEN COLLECTION (INTERMEDIATE): Ability to collect all sample types and prepare specimen for downstream diagnostic testing. RESTRAINT HANDLING (INTERMEDIATE): Demonstrates knowledge of proper technique for handling and restraining animals from multiple species. LABORATORY ANIMAL DISEASES (NOVICE): Knowledge of and experience with laboratory animal diseases, outbreaks, methods of spread, and methods of limiting disease. VETERINARY KNOWLEDGE (INTERMEDIATE): Demonstrates knowledge of veterinary medicine including the care across species, calculation of medical doses and administration, recognizing clinical and behavioral signs for healthy, ill or injured animals, etc. ANIMAL CARE KNOWLEDGE (INTERMEDIATE): Knowledgeable on the needs, treatment, and husbandry for different animal species. Able to ensure their welfare, nutrition, and safety.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY: