San Diego, CA
Round Rock, Texas
Long Beach, California
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2113915
Research Assistant I - GI Medicine
JOB SUMMARY: Large, fast-paced research laboratory seeking motivated, hard-working, responsible Research Assistant I to carry out basic lab duties. Duties include making solutions, tissue culture, restocking tissue culture facilities, glassware washing/drying, autoclaving, unpacking supplies, maintaining antibody and chemical inventories, executing hazardous waste disposal, lab organization, running errands, maintenance of tissue culture hoods and incubators, mouse work, and assisting lab members with experiments (plasmid preps, PCR, gels, slide preparation and staining, etc.). Ideally, candidates would be willing to spend a minimum of 2 years in the lab. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology supports the GI Clinical Research Enterprise (GICRE), which is a centralized clinical trials office in close proximity to the Vanderbilt Hospital and Clinic. Currently, the office manages and coordinates approximately 200 research projects, comprised of 70% industry-sponsored clinical trials and 30% investigator-initiated studies. The clinical trials enterprise employs experienced research nurses, clinical research coordinators, regulatory and quality assurance staff, and program managers.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.