Capital District, New York
Jersey City, New Jersey
Walla Walla, Washington
Horseshoe Bay, Texas
Ladysmith, WI, Wisconsin
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2110272
The Clin/Tran Research Coordinator will oversee staff and research operations in a lab focused on the transition to adulthood for youth with intellectual and developmental disabilities. They will manage, independently or with general direction, the day-to-day operations of two large-scale, NIH-funded projects: 1) a 2-site longitudinal study examining the development of young adults with autism as they transition from high school to adulthood; and 2) a 3-site randomized-controlled trial testing a parent advocacy intervention to improve the transition out of high school for youth with autism and their families. The Clin/Tran Research Coordinator III will oversee day to day operations, data collection, and management of study data, including cross-site coordination. They will also oversee and assist staff in the lab on other ongoing research projects, including a study of examining the impact of day-to-day activities on mental health for adolescents and adults with autism and of language development in fragile X syndrome.
Academic General Pediatrics at Children's Hospital improves the health of children and families, especially those with higher risk for poor health outcomes. As a medical home, we provide comprehensive, family-based, coordinated care. Our programs range from primary care clinics across the region to specialized clinics focused on child behavior , to referral services for families involved in international adoption . We also direct the Newborn Nursery at Vanderbilt to give families with new infants a healthy start and allow for good continuity of care. Our training of the next generation of pediatric primary care doctors and specialists and our advancement of discoveries impact children across the country and the around the world.
* Day Shift/ Exempt Position
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
The Clin/Tran Research Coordinator III will supervise and conduct day-to-day operations of studies, including:
Additional duties for the intervention study includ e
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 5 year experience required