Round Rock, Texas
Myrtle Beach, SC
Goose Creek, SC
Great Falls, Montana
Kingston, New York
Valhalla, New York
Highland Park, IL
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2113980
Research Analyst I - Center for Drug Safety and Immunology
Research Analyst I is needed to support the activities of the clinical research program directed by Dr. Cosby Stone to provide assistance enabling research in the clinic. These responsiblites will include, but not be limited to, data entry, performing experiments, and assisting Dr. Stone with clinical research initiatives supported by a career development award.
The Center for Drug Safety and Immunology is a center of excellence in human immunology that operates under the umbrella of the broader personalized medicine enterprise at VUMC. Its key scope and purpose is the advancement of understanding of the genetic and mechanistic basis of immunologically mediated adverse drug reactions. The primary purpose of this center is to directly translate the science into both improved patient outcomes and safer drug utilization, design, and development. The overriding mission of the center is to optimize safety of drugs across diverse populations. A key outcome is to define mechanisms for prediction, prevention, and earlier diagnosis of IM-ADRs. In addition, the Center for Drug Safety will lead the multicenter investigation and implementation of innovative and effective targeted treatment approaches.
A Drug Safety Clinical Service operates in parallel to the research program. This includes an outpatient clinic focusing on precision patient-centered care where patients and their families who have experienced or been labeled as having an IM-ADR can receive genetic testing and counseling on IM-ADRs, in vivo testing procedures that help appropriately label their ADR, and expert advice on safe and effective future drug options. The research program offers both outpatients who have experienced IM-ADRs and in patients with acute IM-ADRs participation in studies where cutting-edge "integrated single-cell omic" approaches will be applied to understand the drug-specific genetic risks factors and the tissue specific immunopathogenesis of the IM-ADR.
The Center for Drug Safety fosters an outstanding research and clinical training environment with the prime purpose of attracting, supporting, and developing careers of future national and international leaders in the field of IM-ADRs. The Center is currently the only one of its kind in North America (and arguably internationally) that offers the depth and breadth of this cross-disciplinary and specialized training experience. The outpatient clinic exemplifies the next generation of precision medicine clinics where trainees in Internal Medicine, Allergy and Immunology, Infectious Diseases, and Dermatology learn important principles of immunology and pharmacology that translate into improved clinical care at all levels of practice and are not available in other training environments.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.