Newport News, VA
San Diego, CA
Carmel Valley, CA
Round Rock, Texas
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2115249
Associate Health Services Research Analyst
Job Summar y:
This position is within the Vanderbilt Institute for Global Health (VIGH). As a leader in international education and research, VIGH seeks to improve health and well-being of people living in low-resource settings. Our team has a dynamic reach across local, national, and international communities.
The Vanderbilt Institute for Global Health (VIGH) seeks an Associate Health Services Research Analyst (HSRA) who will work at the interface of brain disorders, global public health, diplomacy and international relations. The Associate HSRA will be responsible for performing literature research, assisting with data collection, synthesizing data into written publications (manuscripts, books, etc.), and other research-related and administrative duties as assigned. The position requires excellent communication, organization, writing, and collaboration skills. The role requires a resourceful individual who can take initiative to gather suitable information and data to address tasks and complete assignments in a timely manner. This position will be based in Nashville, Tennessee USA in the VIGH offices.
The Vanderbilt Institute for Global Health (VIGH) builds capacity through interdisciplinary global health education and training programs, conducts implementation science and research, and provides technical assistance service to government and civil sector organizations in countries supported by the President's Emergency Plan for HIV/AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through an an affiliated organization, Friends in Global Health (FGH).
As a leader in international education and research, VIGH seeks to improve health and well being of people living in low-resource settings. Our work reflects this commitment.
For additional information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/global-health/welcome
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Expected responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: