West Ashley, SC
Raleigh, North Carolina
Goose Creek, SC
Mt. Pleasant, SC
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
St. Clair Shores, MI
Myrtle Beach, SC
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2115549
Clinical Translational Research Coordinator II Cardiovascular Medicine
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for coordinating the approval processes and conduct of research protocols, assuring that the integrity and quality of the research is maintained and that the research is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, federal and sponsor regulations and guidelines, Vanderbilt Policy and Procedure and research protocols. Manages screening, implements recruitment procedures, consent, enrollment, randomization and study conduct from planning through study closeout. Performs or implements processes to assure study-related procedures are performed as required and objectives and timelines are met. Maintains accurate and timely documentation and communication with Investigators, participants, IRB, sponsors and other research related entities. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine is comprised of more than 140 faculty members dedicated to understanding, preventing, and treating cardiovascular disease.
A fundamental component of our mission is research aimed at understanding the causes of cardiovascular disease and the translation of this knowledge to improve patient care. Our faculty are recognized nationally and internationally for their work in basic, clinical, and translational investigation. Our research programs occupy more than 30,000 square feet of laboratory space on the Vanderbilt campus. Since 2013, NIH funding to the Division has increased by 2.6-fold, and overall extramural funding has increased by 70%.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality