Palo Alto, California
New Haven, Connecticut
St. Louis, Missouri
Rice Lake, WI, Wisconsin
Syracuse, New York
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2116233
Clinical Research Coordinator III Clinical Pharmacology
JOB SUMMARY: Advanced knowledge and understanding of the planning, implementation and management of research operations. Responsible for planning and management of the approval, implementation and conduct of research protocols from planning through completion and reporting, assuring that the processes, integrity and quality of the research are assessed and maintained and that the trial is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, federal and sponsor regulations and guidelines, Vanderbilt Policy and Procedure and research protocols. Serves as a resource for inquiries and maintains communication with the Investigators, participants, sponsors, IRBs, DSMBs and other research related entities. Functions as a departmental resource in research operations. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The scientific mission of the Clinical Pharmacology Division is to understand the mechanisms of drug action in humans in order to improve therapeutics. The research of the Division members bridges the basic and clinical sciences. In addition to conducting state-of-the-art research, members of the Division also lead many institutional and national efforts to train clinical and translational investigators and to support infrastructure for translational research.
Work hours: Monday - Friday, daytime business hours
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.