Palo Alto, California
New Haven, Connecticut
Suffern, New York
Round Rock, Texas
New York, New York
South Portland, ME
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2116890
Hand Hygiene Associate Program Manager Quality, Safety and Risk Prevention
JOB SUMMARY: Assists in planning, coordinating and executing the VUMC Hand Hygiene program with some guidance. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Collects real-time hand hygiene compliance via direct observation of clinical caregivers.
* Engages in active direct reminders of expected practices in a peer-to-peer model intervention
* Coordinates documentation of all hand hygiene compliance data entry procedures to support consistency in data collection.
* Assesses and verifies hand hygiene data quality and coordinates changes/corrections to data.
* Assists with maintenance of data records, data analyses and report generation to meet departmental requirements.
*Develops new procedures to process, analyze, validate, and store data.
Quality, Safety and Risk Prevention (QSRP) equips and empowers VUMC faculty and staff to offer care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable and patient-centered.
The various teams within QSRP foster VUMC knowledge sharing to extend best practice use, reduce variability and facilitate improvements in outcomes.
QSRP strengthens VUMC's mission to create best patient care through education, research and knowledge dissemination.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (NOVICE): - Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives. PEER LEADERSHIP (NOVICE): - The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals. FINANCIAL PROCESSES (NOVICE): - Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts. QUALITY MANAGEMENT (NOVICE): - Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements. NETWORKING (NOVICE): - Build relationships through industry contacts, professional organizations and individuals. PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (NOVICE): - Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P1):
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P1):
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P1):
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P1):
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P1):