Palo Alto, California
New Haven, Connecticut
Johns Creek, Georgia
Mt Kisco, New York
Poughkeepsie, Town of, New York
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2110020
Clinical Research Data Specialist - PEDS VUMC SICKLE CELL CENTER
The purpose of this position is to manage the data and research governance for the Vanderbilt Global Haploidentical Consortium and the research governance for the adult stroke Nigerian study in sickle cell disease and priapism, along with the obstetric project to prevent maternal deaths in women with sickle cell disease. The activities will include, but is not limited to, collection of source documentation from outside sites, verification of eligibility of patients prior to enrollment on a study, management of patient slot availability, monitoring entry into the electronic database and verification against submitted source documentation, querying for resolution to any discrepancy of data entered or submitted, training of sites on study specific procedures and expectations, etc.
The Vanderbilt-Meharry Center of Excellence in Sickle Cell Disease features experts from many medical fields to provide you help and healing. Our pediatric and adult sickle cell specialists offer you care based on research and experience. We treat your symptoms and determine if you are a candidate for therapies that can lead to a cure. We are connected to everything Vanderbilt offers. This means we can help you face life with sickle cell disease from every angle - with medical, mental and social support.
Day Shift/Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
DETAILED DESCRIPTION BASED ON DAY-TO-DAY ACTIVITIES
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 3 years experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- SOCRA certification preferred - RN license preferred