Palo Alto, California
New Haven, Connecticut
New York, New York
Fishkill, New York
Fort Bragg, California
Lake Katrine, New York
Poughkeepsie, Town of, New York
Marshfield, WI, Wisconsin
Oakland Park, Florida
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2105524
The Division of Genetics and Genomic Medicine in the Department of Pediatrics at Vanderbilt University Medical Center is seeking a full-time genetic counseling faculty member. This candidate would join an interprofessional team with 4 Genetic Counselors, 5 Clinical and/or Biochemical Geneticists, 1 Neurogeneticist, 5 Nurse Practitioners, and 3 Metabolic Dieticians. We offer a wide variety of clinical services including general genetics, biochemical genetics, and neurogenetics clinics serving both pediatric and adult patients. We also have a large genetic counseling clinic in which genetic counselors provide care for patients independently. Clinics are located at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in the heart of Music City, and at 6 satellite locations in middle Tennessee. This position is expected to be primarily clinical working on our interprofessional team and independently. Faculty members will also work as clinical supervisors to students from the Vanderbilt University Masters of Genetic Counseling Program and with other learners who rotate through genetics. Additional roles in specialty clinics and/or with other opportunities outside of clinical care may be discussed as they arise in the future.
Interested candidates should contact Rizwan Hamid, MD, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is available immediately and applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Medicine is currently undergoing a significant revolution driven in part by genomics and genetics. Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) and Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt (MCJCHV) remain at the leading edge of this revolution. Thanks to new genomic approaches, we are now in a position to make remarkable new insights into human health and encounter new opportunities for prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of both common and rare and conditions.
The Division of Medical Genetics and Genomic Medicine is a local, state, and national leader in providing cutting edge genetics services to its patients. We are fortunate to have some of the most respected and highly trained geneticists in the country. Importantly, we lead VUMC and MCJCHV in the integration of genetics and genomics into medicine and healthcare.
We utilize the collaborative atmosphere of the institution and draw on the expertise of other physicians within the institution to provide the highest quality genetics services and use the highest quality collaborative science as a foundation to advance the health of our patients.
Faculty Appointmen t/ Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Our incentive package includes: