Wellington, New Zealand
Albany, New York
Rochester, New York
New Orleans, Louisiana
Kansas City, Missouri
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Summit, New Jersey
Las Vegas, Nevada
Palo Alto, California
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2205249
Research Assistant II - Infectious Diseases
JOB SUMMARY:We would like to hire someone with expertise working in a basic research laboratory. Experience conducting animal experiments is important in this role and is strongly preferred. Expertise with flow cytometry is a plus.
Under moderate supervision, set up, conduct experiments, and continue research projects following protocols including the appropriate recording of data and reporting of standard or variant results. Assist in other laboratory and research functions.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Vanderbilt Department of Medicine Division of Infectious Diseases is dedicated to enhancing prevention and treatment of infectious diseases through discovery and application of new knowledge that is seamlessly integrated with mentoring trainees to become the next generation of national leaders in the field. This mission is enhanced by our strong emphasis on interdisciplinary collaboration, social and intellectual diversity, commitment to life-long self-learning, and professionalism dedicated to teamwork and collegiality. The ID Division's mission emphasizes a global perspective, as well as maintaining excellence and compassion in every clinical encounter. Clinical and research program strengths include HIV medicine, mycobacterial infections, and infectious diseases in transplantation recipients. Epidemiology and patient oriented research initiatives are flourishing in drug and vaccine development (for HIV, tuberculosis, and other pathogens), hospital epidemiology, and emerging/re-emerging infections. The Division also is deeply committed to excellence in teaching of medical students, residents, our colleagues in practice and ID fellows.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.