Wellington, New Zealand
Rochester, New York
Albany, New York
New Orleans, Louisiana
South Portland, ME
Morristown, New Jersey
Palo Alto, California
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2116042
JOB SUMMARY:Perform under minimal supervision a wide variety of complex tasks requiring practical understanding of scientific techniques and advanced knowledge of scientific theory. The responsibilities of this position include: managing the lab research operations and planning and executing multiple diverse projects. The RA3 will be involved in experiment design for research projects related to better understanding psoriatic disease pathogenesis, including skin and musculoskeletal manifestations of the disease and related comorbidities, including cardiovascular disease, inflammatory bowel disease, and depression. The RA3 will be critically involved in generating and analyzing data used in manuscripts and grant proposals. This position requires significant years of experience and expertise in anatomical histology, pathology, and microscopy, implementation of cellular and molecular biology experimentation, extensive knowledge of different animal models of inflammatory disease, and broad experience working with transgenic and knockout preclinical animal models.
The suitable candidate will design and implement projects independently and will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the IACUC and DOES. For collaborative research projects, the successful candidate will serve as the point person for sharing data, animal models, methodological approaches to nurture and sustain established and successful collaborations studying chronic inflammatory disease models and the translation of tour findings to patients. The position requires good reporting ability, strong interpersonal skills, strong leadership potential, and excellent communication skills. The candidate will be expected to multi-task strongly such that wet-lab work about 2-3 projects, and training others, can be managed concurrently. The RA3 needs to be flexible, nimble, and responsive to changes in scientific ideas. The RA3 will be responsible for developing new methodologies. Other duties include interfacing with other faculty, trainees, and staff members in Nutrition, troubleshooting instruments and training users, managing all lab ordering and receiving of supplies, mice, and equipment, working closely with the PI to stay within the set and projected budgets, and working closely with students, fellows, lab staff and other scientists in the lab.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery, and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning, and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work, and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally-ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named a Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.