Wellington, New Zealand
Albany, New York
Rochester, New York
New Orleans, Louisiana
Kansas City, Missouri
Suffern, New York
Owensboro, KY, USA
N Canton, Ohio
Rockwall, TX, USA
Fort Worth, TX, USA
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2200242
Provide, under direct supervision, support for specified research projects; collect, assess, and communicate data/results. Assist in general laboratory operation and inventory.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work in a basic science research laboratory that studies lung development in mice. The primary role for this position will be maintenance of the laboratory mouse colony for our laboratory group (combined group of 3 PIs, ~250 average daily cages). Strong candidates will be able to accurately genotype mice using PCR with our established protocols and possess attention to detail and note keeping for accurate mouse inventory for the lab. In addition, you will work with others to perform experiments and assist in general laboratory operations. Strong organization skills are a must, as well as ability to handle live mice. Preference will be given to those with prior experience in a research laboratory and/or a strong academic foundation in biology.
The mission of the Division of Academic General Pediatrics is to improve health outcomes in children by: 1) providing excellent clinical care that utilizes and tests best practice approaches; 2) teaching learners of all disciplines; 3) conducting research that advances knowledge, impacts practice and policy, and improves child health; and 4) advocating for children and their families. We are a division of more than 40 faculty that strives to integrate all four missions of our academic medical center.
Our team is innovative and pragmatic, advancing academic general pediatrics. We serve as the medical home and direct the Newborn Nursery for a large number of patients from diverse backgrounds and integrate quality improvement methods to advance process and outcomes.
* Day Shift/ Non-Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 year experience