Wellington, New Zealand
Albany, New York
Rochester, New York
New Orleans, Louisiana
Durham, North Carolina
West Ashley, SC
South Bend, Indiana
Burnsville, MN, USA
Brooklyn, New York
Palo Alto, California
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2206685
Research Strategy and Program Specialist-VICTR - REMOTE POSSIBLE
Serves as a resource, providing personalized assistance to internal VUMC faculty and staff members, as well as to external research colleagues, on a very diverse portfolio of research projects under occasional guidance.
The Vanderbilt Coordinating Center (VCC) provides comprehensive, central support for a diverse platform of clinical and translational research projects. The VCC first began in 1989 under the direct leadership of Dr. Gordon Bernard. Its initial focus was on providing coordinating center support for investigator-initiated trials overseen at Vanderbilt. In 2016, with the addition of several large, innovative clinical trial grants within the Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (VICTR) and due to an ever-growing need to provide more specialized, flexible support to Vanderbilt investigators, a need surfaced to reinstate the VCC. For more information, please visit https://vcc.vumc.org.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
RESEARCH SERVICES (INTERMEDIATE)
REGULATORY SERVICES (NOVICE)
QUALITY ASSURANCE (NOVICE)
OPERATIONAL SERVICES (NOVICE)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (INTERMEDIATE)