Wellington, New Zealand
Albany, New York
Rochester, New York
New Orleans, Louisiana
Kansas City, Missouri
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Summit, New Jersey
Las Vegas, Nevada
Palo Alto, California
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2208171
Associate Program Manager
The Vanderbilt Institute for Global Health (VIGH) seeks an Associate Program Manager who will work on the VIGH Education and Training Team, supporting multiple programs.
The Vanderbilt-Emory-Cornell-Duke (VECD) Fogarty Global Health Fellowship Program is a 12-month mentored global health training opportunity for pre- and postdoctoral fellows from the U.S. and low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
The Pediatric Anesthesia Training in Africa ("PATA") project aims to improve perioperative care for children by building education capacity for specialty pediatric anesthesia training programs at teaching hospitals across Africa.
The APM will also support an international research program in biomedical informatics in Nigeria.
The Associate Program Manager will be responsible for scheduling and administrative duties, developing social media content and other communications, assisting with data management and reporting, and other programmatic and administrative duties as assigned. The position requires excellent organization, communication, and collaboration skills, with a strong focus on cultural competency. The role requires an individual who can take initiative to gather information and data to address tasks and complete assignments in a timely manner. This position will be based in Nashville, Tennessee USA in the VIGH offices.
The Vanderbilt Institute for Global Health (VIGH) builds capacity through interdisciplinary global health education and training programs, conducts implementation science and research, and provides technical assistance service to government and civil sector organizations in countries supported by the President's Emergency Plan for HIV/AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through an an affiliated organization, Friends in Global Health (FGH).
As a leader in international education and research, VIGH seeks to improve healthand well being of people living in low-resource settings. Our work reflects this commitment.
For additional information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/global-health/welcome
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Expected responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: