Wellington, New Zealand
Albany, New York
Rochester, New York
New Orleans, Louisiana
Kansas City, Missouri
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Summit, New Jersey
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2207723
Program Manager - Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy
Your Role:The Vanderbilt Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy (CPPA) is focused on making medicine kinder, safer, and more reliable through preeminent programs in education, research and service that foster professional accountability and risk prevention. *Note: future travel is likely to be required.*
The Program Manager role serves as a liaison between CPPA faculty, staff and physician and executive leaders at academic and regional health systems across the nation.- Oversees the creation, coordination and execution of the program.- Provides budgetary management to the program.- Provides training and guidance for individuals supporting the program.- Promotes growth and expansion of the program.- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Normal daytime business hours; Remote work options available
Department Summary:The VUMC Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy (CPPA) provides education, research, data, tools, and effective processes for promoting professional accountability for our clients throughout the United States and abroad. CPPA has partnered with more than 180 health systems and provides tools and processes for nearly 86,000 healthcare professionals through our programs. CPPA is dedicated to supporting our clients' core values and professional expectations as the foundation for safe, quality healthcare, and high reliability.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality