Wellington, New Zealand
Albany, New York
Rochester, New York
New Orleans, Louisiana
Durham, North Carolina
West Ashley, SC
Burnsville, MN, USA
Morristown, New Jersey
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2208097
CORS Program Manager - Role Description
Your Role:The Vanderbilt Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy (CPPA) is focused on making medicine kinder, safer, and more reliable through preeminent programs in education, research and service that foster professional accountability and risk prevention.
The Program Manager role serves as a liaison between CPPA faculty, staff, and leaders at academic and regional health systems across the nation. The ideal candidate is comfortable communicating with physician, nursing & executive leaders. They have excellent communication skills, can successfully multi-task, and have the ability to meet daily contractual obligations in a high-paced, complex environment. The candidate shows proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, and is able to make data-driven decisions in collaboration with team members.
Normal daytime business hours; Remote work options available
Department Summary:The VUMC Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy (CPPA) provides education, research, data, tools, and effective processes for promoting professional accountability for our clients throughout the United States and abroad. CPPA has partnered with more than 180 health systems and provides tools and processes for nearly 86,000 healthcare professionals through our programs. CPPA is dedicated to supporting our clients' core values and professional expectations as the foundation for safe, quality healthcare, and high reliability.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality
JOB SUMMARY:Plans, develops and executes ongoing program(s) that impacts a significant segment of the organization under occasional guidance.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Description of Key Functions
Key Function 1
Independently creates, coordinates and executes the CORS Program for established partner sites
Key Function 2
Independently manages transition of the CORS Program to launch at new partner sites
Key Function 3
Develops process efficiencies and data automations: 5% of effort
Key Function 4
Provides training and guidance for individuals supporting the program: 5% of effort