Albany, New York
New Orleans, Louisiana
Saint Louis, Missouri
Morristown, New Jersey
Fort Myers, Florida
Durham, North Carolina
West Palm Beach, Florida
Saint Charles, Missouri
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2201921
The Center for Health Services Research at Vanderbilt University Medical Center seeks an experienced staff scientist to assist with grant writing, research project supervision, and manuscript writing. The Center supports a large portfolio of research to improve the quality, safety, value, and equity of health care delivery, as well as patient-centered health outcomes. The Center is a major component of the Vanderbilt Institute for Medicine and Public Health. The staff scientist will work closely with senior Principal Investigators to develop extramural grant applications and lead projects funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), and other agencies. Studies include pragmatic clinical trials, comparative effectiveness research, implementation research, and longitudinal cohort studies. The position requires high level research skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
The Vanderbilt Center for Health Services Research is a critical component for the Institute for Medicine and Public Health (IMPH) and engages with more than 160 scientists and other professionals across VUMC to conduct research and discover, implement, and disseminate workable solutions for modern-day problems in health care delivery, health care quality, and patient-center outcomes. For additional information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/hsr/center-health-services-research.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
This is a full-time position.
Salary is dependent upon education and experience.