New York, New York
Albany, New York
New Orleans, Louisiana
San Francisco, California
King of Prussia, PA
Ocean, New Jersey
West Philadelphia, PA
Federal Way, Washington
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Location: New York, New York
Type: Full Time
Required Education: MD/DO
Internal Number: 167007
Pediatric Infectious Disease (Ped ID) Physician Job in New York City
Diverse Case Mix * Research
BronxCare Health System is a 972-bed, very stable and financially strong, teaching and integrated health care system with over 4,500 employees. The Department of Pediatrics includes a pediatric ED, inpatient unit, PICU, newborn nursery, level 3 NICU and 4 OPD clinics. We seek a BE/BC Pediatric Infectious Disease specialist for a unique opportunity to work with a high-risk, underserved population while developing a robust research portfolio!
· Enjoy a mix of community style infectious disease as well as international health issues not seen in most settings.
· 3 sessions per week in clinic and 7 sessions dedicated to academic pursuits and consults (e.g., NIH research grants, residency research, publications).
· We are affiliated with Levy School of Medicine of Mt. Sinai Hospital and offer academic appointment commensurate with experience.
· As an academic center educating 44 residents as well as medical students, 80% of your clinic/consult time is working with a resident.
· We are a highly regarded program by the NIH and boast an active research agenda and top-of-the-line research unit with a large team supporting our grant programs.
· Opportunity as Site Principal Investigator for candidates interested in HIV research.
· Benefits include robust health insurance, retirement package, life insurance, disability insurance, CME funding and a generous vacation and CME schedule.
· We also offer the potential of NHSC loan repayment!
The Big Apple...NYC! Home to the New York Yankees, Broadway and numerous 5-star Michelin restaurants, New York City is also a diverse cultural center offering something for everyone! Ideally located near the George Washington Bridge with easy access to trains and buses, members of the medical staff live in all 5 boroughs as well as Westchester, Rockland County, and New Jersey.