Albany, New York
New Orleans, Louisiana
San Francisco, California
Las Vegas, Nevada
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2209709
Imaging Research Specialist-Term
This is a full-time/part-time, hourly/exempt term position lasting six months to one year.
Position to work on the design and fabrication of radiofrequency (RF) coils for the state-of-art 7 Tesla human MRI scanners in Vanderbilt University Institute of Imaging Science (VUIIS)
A Term position is a staff position that exists for a period longer than six months but is not expected to last beyond one year. Although a position may exist for a specified or indefinite period, staff who accept term positions are not guaranteed employment for the entire period; they are employed for indefinite periods within the limit of the appointment. There are no guarantees of continued employment, either within the term or when the term ends.
About the Institute of Imaging Science
At Vanderbilt we believe the greatest successes for imaging in the future will come from environments where the complementary natures of different imaging approaches are exploited, where experts in basic sciences and technical aspects of image formation and analysis collaborate closely with biomedical scientists who ask appropriate questions, and where the basic underlying science of imaging is fostered.
Day Shift/ Non-Exempt Position
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
IMAGING DEVELOPMENT AND APPLICATION (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): Demonstrates expertise in the utilization and modification of imaging technologies and relevant concepts in physics and engineering for diverse applicationsIMAGE ANALYSIS AND PROCESSING (NOVICE): Demonstrates familiarity with software packages and databases used for image analysis and processing. Able to apply image analysis programs to provide measurements of structure or physiological outputs using state-of-the-art software programs. Able to develop scripts and programs to modify image analysis software for customer applications.REGULATORY COMPLIANCE (NOVICE): Demonstrates knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations and apply them in difficult, stressful and complex situations. Able to interpret and explain rules and regulations that are ambiguous or unclear. Directs others in interpreting rules and regulations on the job and trains others in them.ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY KNOWLEDGE - (NOVICE): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate anatomy and physiology knowledge in practical applications of moderate difficulty.COMMUNICATION (NOVICE): Clearly, effectively and respectfully communicates to employees or customers.LABORATORY TECHNIQUES (NOVICE): Demonstrates proficiency in laboratory practices including chemistry and molecular biologyELECTRONICS (NOVICE): Demonstrates proficiency in the design and fabrication of electronic devices, both digital and analogTECHNICAL WRITING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): Possesses the ability to describe procedures and data in writing to communicate to readers of grants, papers, and other documents.DATA ANALYSIS (NOVICE): The ability to analyze data in an accurate manner.SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTATION (NOVICE): Demonstrates knowledge and use of scientific instrumentation in practical applications
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY: