New Orleans, Louisiana
Albany, New York
San Francisco, California
Morristown, New Jersey
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2200859
Research Program Manager
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
Center for Asthma Research
The Center for Asthma Research at Vanderbilt University Medical Center invites applications for a Research Program Manager. We are seeking an experienced individual with training and experience in pediatric and/or adult and/or clinical studies. The individual should ideally have experience in broad aspects of human studies, regulatory procedures, data management, and multi-site investigations. Experience in either asthma or pediatric studies would be helpful, although not essential. The ideal candidate will a) aide in coordinating research projects within a dynamic, extramurally-funded and productive clinical and epidemiologic research program focused on asthma prevention within the supportive infrastructure of the Center for Asthma Research, b) assist in developing new grant proposals, and c) aide in data coordination activities.
Experience, knowledge and assistance in the coordination of human studies and/or observational epidemiologic investigations is essential. Successful candidates should have an MPH, MSCI or equivalent degree (or have relevant experience), research coordination experience, significant regulatory experience, grant management experience, data management, and outstanding organizational, writing and communication skills.
Please submit: (1) cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) letter outlining current research focus and relevant experience.
Key Functions Include:
Hartert Lab Information
Dr. Hartert's lab is seeking to identify causal risk factors for asthma, understand their mechanism of action, and develop and test primary and secondary prevention strategies for asthma and allergic diseases.
Department Summary:The Division of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care is directed by Dr. Timothy Blackwell and its mission is to:
Work hours: Monday - Friday, Normal Daytime Business Hours
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality