Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Albany, New York
Ann Arbor, Michigan
New Orleans, Louisiana
Mission Hills, California
Morristown, New Jersey
Passaic County, New Jersey
Annapolis, MD, USA
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2214840
Research Assistant II - Psychology
Full-time research assistant needed to join a laboratory within the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital focused on the intersection of anxiety and psychotic disorders. Under direct supervision and working as a member of an interdisciplinary clinical research team, the research assistant will be responsible for recruiting study participants into research studies and assisting investigators in the collection and analysis of study data.
More specifically, the research assistant will help conduct a neuroimaging study of anxiety and schizophrenia. This will require a desire to work directly with individuals who experience psychosis as well as excellent organizational and data management skills. The research assistant will regularly attend clinical meetings and will assist with recruitment in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Additional responsibilities include scheduling study visits, psychological testing of participants, conducting fMRI experiments, and assisting investigators in the analysis of study data.
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and capable of working independently. The position requires a high level of interpersonal skills, organization, attention to detail, and problem-solving abilities. This is an ideal position for individuals interested in mental health, the biological basis of mental disorders, clinical psychology, neuroscience, and/or psychotic disorders. Individuals will have the opportunity to pursue their own research interests as they relate to the intersection of psychosis, clinical psychology, and neuroscience. Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree in psychology or a related field (e.g. neuroscience, human development). Experience in a clinical research setting is highly desirable.
The Department of Psychiatry provides inpatient and outpatient services to children, adolescents, and adults with mental illnesses.
The major site for inpatient services is the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital (VPH).
Outpatient services include the Vanderbilt Adult Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic (VAPOC), the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic (CAPOC), and several school-based programs.
We provide services in the following clinical areas:
For more information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/psychiatry
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.