Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Albany, New York
Ann Arbor, Michigan
New Orleans, Louisiana
Baldwin, New York
Lake Success, New York
Glen Ridge, New Jersey
Raleigh, North Carolina
Summit, New Jersey
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
Glen Oaks, New York
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2212251
Research Assistant I
The Division of Hematology and Oncology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center is seeking a Research Assistant 1 to assist Dr. Scott Haake in kidney cancer research. Dr. Haake and his team study the molecular biology of kidney cancer in an effort to improve the lives of affected patients. This position under direct supervision will conduct experiments, record and compile data, prepare and maintain laboratory equipment, and perform other duties necessary to support lab operations. A more comprehensive list of responsibilities can be found below.
JOB SUMMARY:Provide, under direct supervision, support for specified research projects; collect, assess, and communicate data/results. Assist in general laboratory operation and inventory.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Division of Hematology and Oncology conducts research and treats all types of adult cancers including solid tumor cancers and hematological (blood) disorders, as well as coagulation disorders and non-cancerous blood diseases. With over 80 faculty members representing a broad range of professional training and expertise, our dedicated team of professionals is committed to cancer care.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.