Albany, New York
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Ann Arbor, Michigan
New Orleans, Louisiana
New Hyde Park, New York
Morristown, New Jersey
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2208217
The Survey Research Shared Resource (SRSR) provides data collection services for multiple research projects conducted at Vanderbilt University through the administration of computer-assisted telephone, web and personal surveys. The SRSR operates a Call Center with 15 workstations, which operates days and evenings, 7 days a week. The SRSR is highly committed to the precise and excellent collection of data according to specialized research protocols.
This is a part-time, hourly term position lasting approximately 12 months.Basic Qualifications:This position requires a High School diploma or GED and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. Previous experience in survey research interviewing at an academic institution is preferable.Key Functions and Expected Performances:
Additional Information:This is a part-time, 12-month Term position working at least 20 hours per week. The SRSR is open 9am to 9pm Monday through Friday, 10am to 8pm Saturdays and 3pm to 8pm Sundays. This position will start out primarily as a weekend (Saturdays and/or Sundays) and weekday afternoon and evening position in order to provide sufficient coverage during SRSR operational hours. The opportunity for additional shifts may be available depending on SRSR coverage needs.Salary is commensurate upon years of experience.Background screens will be performed and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.
The Division of Epidemiology is committed to conducting research to enhance and expand our understanding of the distribution and determinants of disease, to promoting collaboration aimed at the translation of research into cost-effective strategies of disease prevention and health care delivery, and to training independent investigators in epidemiology research and disease prevention.
Work hours: Monday - Friday, daytime business hours
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
A Term position is a staff position that exists for a period longer than six months but is not expected to last beyond one year. Although a position may exist for a specified or indefinite period, staff who accept term positions are not guaranteed employment for the entire period; they are employed for indefinite periods within the limit of the appointment. There are no guarantees of continued employment, either within the term or when the term ends