Morristown, New Jersey
Location: Akron, Ohio
Internal Number: 1030
Ohio based, Akron Children's Hospital is seeking a Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist. Akron Children's Hospital is the largest and only free-standing pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children's hospitals by US news and World Report. This integrated healthcare system includes:
* Two free-standing pediatric hospitals with over 400 pediatric beds
* More than 1,000 providers who manage over 1,000,000 patient visits annually
* A network of over 50 primary care and specialty care locations
* Robust research and innovation endeavors
* 100-bed neonatal intensive are unit
* Pediatric cardiology surgery program
The successful candidate will join a dedicated team of 4 maternal fetal medicine specialists and 2 Women's Health Clinical Nurse Practitioners. Our model of care is mainly consultative and co-management with total care provided to the select highest risk patients. The program includes:
* Reproductive Genetics in MFM
* Fetal treatment programs inclusive of inutero procedures
* Active transport program with approximately 100 deliveries annually at two adult hospitals both hospitals have Level III OB and neonatology designation and medical school affiliated OB/GYN residency programs
* Involvement in medical, undergraduate, graduate and resident education academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience
Requirements include board eligibility/certification in Maternal Fetal Medicine and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the State of Ohio. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Community Overview Akron Children's Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, minutes south of Cleveland. Northeast Ohio is an exciting and vibrant place to live with great school systems, outstanding parks, museums, theaters, sporting events, live concert venues, golf courses, biking and hiking trails, lakes and so much more.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: