Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Albany, New York
Ann Arbor, Michigan
New Orleans, Louisiana
Baldwin, New York
Lake Success, New York
Florham Park, New Jersey
Glen Ridge, New Jersey
Raleigh, North Carolina
Clark, New Jersey
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2213645
RESEARCH ASSISTANT 2
JOB SUMMARY:Under moderate supervision, this individual is expected to set up, conduct experiments and support cancer research projects/studies in the Holowatyj Laboratory and Team. The Research Assistant is expected to follow protocols, including the appropriate recording of data and reporting of standard or variant results, as well as all regulations for human subjects research. This position will also assist in other laboratory and research functions, including daily laboratory operations. This individual will be expected to perform research laboratory techniques and procedures in molecular biology using patient-derived organoid models, as well as support routine processing of human-derived materials in the laboratory.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Division of Epidemiology is committed to conducting research to enhance and expand our understanding of the distribution and determinants of disease, to promoting collaboration aimed at the translation of research into cost-effective strategies of disease prevention and health care delivery, and to training independent investigators in epidemiology research and disease prevention.
Work hours: Monday - Friday, daytime business hours
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.