Albany, New York
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Oceanside, CA, USA
Mansfield, TX, USA
San Jose, California
Rockville, MD, USA
New Providence, New Jersey
Houston, TX, USA
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2213287
The Vanderbilt Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) is looking for a Senior PHP Software Engineer to join our team and help develop the software that manages our Institutional Review Board processes.
In this position, you will be part of a small programming team updating, enhancing and supporting a legacy Symfony application. You will work with the leaders of the HRPP department and a Manager of Application Development to understand stakeholder needs and develop features and changes that will impact their daily work. You will also be part of a larger team of PHP developers who collaborate on best practices and sensible solutions across projects. And best of all, you will be involved in helping to improve the lives of millions through medical research.
The Human Research Protection Program Mission
Our team believes that best practices are only useful when you really practice them. We work in an agile way, iterating with input from the stakeholders to find the best solutions to their problems. We write clean, well-tested code, and we strive to always leave the code a little better than we found it. As developers we know that the world of technology is always evolving, so we pursue professional development and continuous improvement. And finally, we value a strong work-life balance, because the best developers are the ones who have time to be well-rounded individuals.
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.