New Orleans, Louisiana
Albany, New York
Port Orchard, Washington
Yonkers, New York
Suffern, New York
Albany - Troy, New York
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Stafford Springs, Connecticut
Fairlawn, New Jersey
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Florham Park, New Jersey
South Bend, Indiana
Charleston, West Virginia
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2302212
Associate Program Manager
Gift funded from Chic Awareness and the Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance (OCRA) to hire a full time coordinator for 12 months to implement a peer support program for gynecologic cancer patients (the Woman to Woman program). This program connects cancer survivors with trained mentors who have personally experienced the challenges and complex issues of a cancer diagnosis. The employee will also provide additional social support to patients as they journey through their cancer diagnosis. The position will work up to 40 hours per week. The employee will be trained by the national Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance Woman to Woman office to learn how to manage the program. The employee will work closely with gynecology oncology providers to identify interested survivor mentors who would be appropriate for this role as a peer support mentor. The employee will match mentors with mentees and manage the day to day function of the Woman to Woman program. Additional responsibilities will include providing social support for patients both within and outside of the Woman to Woman program. The employee will align with VUMC Volunteer Services to onboard mentors as volunteers to include VUMC privacy and training. Implement continued publicity with gynecology oncology provider team so they can help make referrals to program. Ensure paperwork including individual matches and program evaluation is completed and provided to OCRA.
A Term position is a staff position that exists for a period longer than six months but is not expected to last beyond one year. Although a position may exist for a specified or indefinite period, staff who accept term positions are not guaranteed employment for the entire period; they are employed for indefinite periods within the limit of the appointment. There are no guarantees of continued employment, either within the term or when the term ends.
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center (VICC) is a leader in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer. The centers world-renowned team of experts provides a integrated, personalized and patient-centered approach to cancer care, including treatment, research, support, education and outreach. From a wide variety of wellness programs to a leading REACH for Survivorship Clinic, patients find support from diagnosis through survivorship. VICC is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of just two centers in Tennessee and 51 in the country to earn this highest distinction, and ranks in the top 10 nationwide for cancer research grant support. Here is a link to our website - http://www.vicc.org/
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES:PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (NOVICE): Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives.
PEER LEADERSHIP (NOVICE): The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.FINANCIAL PROCESSES (NOVICE): Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT (NOVICE): Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements.NETWORKING (NOVICE): Build relationships through industry contacts, professional organizations and individuals.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (NOVICE): Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality.
Qualifications - External
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) and <1 year relevant experience (required)
Social Work experience highly preferred
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands: