New Orleans, Louisiana
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
Raleigh, North Carolina
New York, New York
Saint Louis, Missouri
Summit, New Jersey
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2300862
Clinical Trials Associate
JOB SUMMARY:Performs a variety of duties involved in the collection, interpretation, and documentation of data in support of clinical trials with regular guidance. Assists in ensuring adherence to protocols, appropriate regulations, and deadlines.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center's Department of Emergency Medicine is a national leader in emergency care research. Led by 8 core faculty and an extensive research infrastructure, we are top leaders in designing innovative ED-based research and are top enrollers in both industry and federally funded studies. Our research staff actively screens patients over 100 hours each week in the emergency departments at VUMC and the Tennessee Valley Hospital. Combined, these Eds see over 100,000 patients each year. To ensure timely enrollment in therapeutic studies, the research faculty are immediately available to assist the student team on a daily basis. For more information, please visit https://vanderbiltem.com/em-research.
This is a full-time non-exempt position; 40 hours per week.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES:RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION (NOVICE):Knowledgeable on all phases in the lifecycle of a sponsored research project. Well versed in and able to assist researchers in reducing compliance risks and assisting in routine and specialized processes.MEDICAL RECORDS MANAGEMENT (NOVICE):- Knowledge of how and where to store and maintain basic records associated with job assignments.LABORATORY PRACTICES (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate laboratory practices in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY:
REQUIRED:Associate's Degree (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year experiencePhysical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands: