New Orleans, Louisiana
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Port Orchard, Washington
Yonkers, New York
Suffern, New York
Albany - Troy, New York
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Stafford Springs, Connecticut
Fairlawn, New Jersey
Florham Park, New Jersey
South Bend, Indiana
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2300362
Current position is in basic sciences, with an emphasis in biology, molecular biology, metabolism, and physiology. Applicants are expected to set up and conduct experiments while following protocols under minimal supervision. Additionally, individuals will be responsible for appropriately recording and reporting data. Once trained, individual is expected to assist in other laboratory and research functions. While it is not a necessary requirement, animal/ rodent experience is preferred. Please find more information at:https://www.vumc.org/vcbb/person/elizabeth-beth-rendina-ruedy-phd.
Key responsibilities: * Under moderate supervision, conduct and evaluate experiments and assays* Understand and follow experimental protocols (may include animal handling, tissue culture, etc.)* Record, compile, interpret, and communicate data/results* Follow University safety protocols (may include use of combustibles, radioactivity, toxic material, and/or carcinogens)* Perform calculations involving molarity, % solutions, and serial dilutions* Prepare, operate and troubleshoot equipment in experimental procedures* Read and follow all equipment manuals* Maintain and repair equipment according to manufacturer and University guidelines* Ensure Laboratory is prepared for experiments* Maintain inventories* Maintain sterile conditions as required* Prepare reagents* Demonstrate an understanding of acceptable procedures and techniques* Recognize problems and suggest solutions* Assist in modifications as directed* Provide appropriate written documentation of experiments* Prepare preliminary research progress reports* Summarize test results appropriately
The scientific mission of the Clinical Pharmacology Division is to understand the mechanisms of drug action in humans in order to improve therapeutics. The research of the Division members bridges the basic and clinical sciences. In addition to conducting state-of-the-art research, members of the Division also lead many institutional and national efforts to train clinical and translational investigators and to support infrastructure for translational research.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 years experience: