New Orleans, Louisiana
Albany, New York
Vacaville & Vallejo, California
Mt. Kisco, New York
Bay Shore, New York
Long Island, New York
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
Raleigh, North Carolina
Spartanburg, South Carolina
New York, New York
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2301256
Health Services Research Analyst
The Vanderbilt Center for Health Services Research is frequently recruiting for Health Services Research Analyst roles to assist with projects in health services research, public health, epidemiology, or related disciplines. Health Services Research Analysts work as part of a team, utilizing intermediate level research skills to perform a variety of research and operations-related activities including organization of project activities, data collection and management, quantitative or qualitative analysis, and report preparation.
The Vanderbilt Center for Health Services Research is a critical component for the Institute for Medicine and Public Health (IMPH) and engages with more than 160 scientists and other professionals across VUMC to conduct research and discover, implement, and disseminate workable solutions for modern-day problems in health care delivery, health care quality, and patient-center outcomes. For additional information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/hsr/center-health-services-research.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES:STUDY DESIGN & CONDUCT (INTERMEDIATE):Applies qualitative and quantitative research methods to perform preparatory, regulatory, and analytic tasking within the life cycle of a study.DATA ANALYSIS (INTERMEDIATE):- The ability to analyze data in an accurate manner.DATA MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):Interpreting, analyzing and organizing reports and metrics.PRESENTATION SKILLS (INTERMEDIATE):- The ability to prepare effective presentations in content and function, able to speak competently to the level of the audience.RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION (NOVICE):Knowledgeable on all phases in the lifecycle of a sponsored research project. Well versed in and able to assist researchers in reducing compliance risks and assisting in routine and specialized processes.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY:
This position requires a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) and two years of related experience. Candidates with Master's in Public Health (MPH) degree or related field are preferred.
Preferred experience and skills include but are not limited to the following:
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands: