New Orleans, Louisiana
Albany, New York
Vacaville & Vallejo, California
Torrance, CA, USA
Los Angeles, California
Marietta, GA, USA
Long Island, New York
Mt. Kisco, New York
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Elmira, NY, USA
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Las Cruces, NM, USA
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2301572
Clinical/Translational Research Coordinator I - Center for Health Services Research (PREVENTABLE clinical trial)
This position will provide research and data collection support for the PREVENTABLE clinical trial, funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This large study is testing the effectiveness of statins on preventing dementia and cardiovascular disease.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
The Division of General Internal Medicine and Public Health is committed to caring well for those who entrust their care to us and to improving community health. A large and diverse Division within the Department of Medicine, we are aligned along ten Sections that include Ambulatory Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Medicine-Pediatrics, Palliative Care, Occupational Health, Student Health, Veterans' Health, Concierge and Executive Health, Walk-in-Clinics, and Professional Health and Wellness. Collectively the sections support our tripartite pursuit of compassionate, patient-centered health care, rigorous training of the next generation of physicians and impactful discoveries.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year experienceLicensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):